Friday, May 10, 2019

Happy Aunt's Day Butterfly Card







In addition to mother's day cards, I think that aunts are pretty spectacular and also need celebrated. 

Materials needed:

Card size:

  • Card base is 4.25 in. by 5.5 in.
  • dark blue mat is 4 in. by 5.25 in.
  • white mat is 3.75 in. by 5 in.
  • black sentiment mat is 3 in. by 1 in.
To create this card, I inked the background first with the distress inks. Then sprayed that with water and stamped the butterflies. I then colored the butterflies with alcohol markers in blue and teal colors. I cut the black mat out with my cricut cutting machine using elegant edges. I foiled the sentiment on with the foiling quill. I put a ribbon in behind the sentiment to give the card some texture. I don't think this technique would work if you were to color the butterflies in any color other than blue. If you wanted a red butterfly, I would stamp the butterfly first and then put a mask over it to do the background. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to get special characters using a windows computer

Learn how to get special characters, such as the heart, in cricut design space. No uploading needed. Also, no need to download any special s...